Curator Picks - 4/19

Thursday, April 19, 2012

It has been a rather crazy day here, rushing around, never quite finishing anything before I'm moving on to the next task. The day has become a blur and I wonder when it will stop. I love that I am forced to abandon an internet connection when I descend into the subway at Union Square every day. The bars on my phone count down one by one until at last there is just one little signal bar blinking at me until it too disappears and I'm left alone with my thoughts. And my kindle. That 20 minute train ride is usually my only time to read (for pleasure) during the day and until yesterday that time was gloriously filled with Haruki Murakami's 1Q84. That time has ended now and I'm ready to move on to something a little less fantastical and completely different: I'm thinking about tackling Blood, Bones, and Butter by Gabrielle Hamilton.

Juan Carlos, the elephant murderer aging king of Spain recently had to apologize for his lavish hunting trip to Africa. Gawker's issue was that he took this trip in the middle of Spain's economic crisis but my issue is what on earth was he doing hunting and killing elephants?? Apparently it can be done legally in Botswana, but really? Come on! There is also a grisly photo of the 74 year old king posing with his gun and a shooting partner next to a recently shot elephant (photo was taken in 2006). How nasty is that?

Petit Collage is the greatest site if you're decorating a nursery or buying gifts for that special child in your life. I love their sunshine print on wood. Design Mom has giveaway today of a $150 certificate to spend in their store!

I didn't yet make that farro risotto recipe from yesterday because now I've got my eye on this super quick and easy recipe posted by Deb at Smitten Kitchen today. It's a pasta dish with broccoli rabe, a vegetable I haven't done much with, well, ever to be honest. Having dinner ready in less than an hour is invaluable on a weekday.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting, I love your feedback!

 

the curator © All rights reserved · Theme by Blog Milk · Blogger