Curator Picks - 4/26

Thursday, April 26, 2012

We are in the middle of launching our Spring '13 list here at work, so the editorial staff has been busy making presentations to our sales team. Nevertheless I did see some posts out there today that I loved:


Food:

If you guys aren't reading the food blog Honey & Jam yet, well you should be. Her photographs are luscious and I love her food styling on the crumpled brown paper. She's so talented, and only in her 20s! (sob). Today she posted a recipe for raspberry and white chocolate honey almond meal muffins that had me pinning it in five seconds. Talk about the most amazing group of words in one sentence.

Fashion/Style:

Emily at Cupcakes & Cashmere talked about the three essential items she has in her wardrobe and then gives you day and night options for dressing them down or up. So clever. Her three items are a striped dress, flat leather sandals, and a simple yet delicate necklace.

Other:

Did you know you can now read a realtime Everest blog? This very real very life and death climb (a Sherpa died on the mountain a few days ago) is being blogged and photographed live by climbers for National Geographic. Follow them live only on your iPad but you can view the live photographs and keep up to date with weather conditions at base camp here.

I heart Maurice Sendak. First I loved him for his children's books. Second I loved him on this Fresh Air interview on NPR that had me in tears during and after. And today I loved him on this hilarious Steven Colbert clip that I found on Pikaland. He is such a wise and beautiful yet wily old man.

1 comments:

  1. Wow that Everest site is amazing. Maybe I'll get the new iPad now :) And can Emily at C&C please pack each suitcase for me? (And be my stylist/hairdresser!) She makes it all sound so easy!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting, I love your feedback!

 

the curator © All rights reserved · Theme by Blog Milk · Blogger