Curator Picks - 4/30

Monday, April 30, 2012

On this last day of April, I'm thinking about time. How fast it flies and sometimes (ha!) how slow it drips. April flew and now here we are at May. On the verge of summer. Soon the market will be laden with summer produce, and dinner will be as simple as sun-warmed tomatoes tossed in olive oil and balsamic vinegar.


Food:


I swear, I don't mean to mention Sweet Paul every week, I really don't. But his posts are so good and this recipe Monday is for a mint, cucumber, and lime cocktail so who can resist that? Also see another post of his a little further down.


Gotta give it to Ree at The Pioneer Woman for her use of color in recipes. She never fails to make my mouth water and today's recipe for shrimp tacos was no exception. Also, her avocado slices are so perfect!


Back to my favorite blog of the moment, Roost for some insane looking cinnamon roll almond flour donuts. Donuts are like the final frontier to me, well and meringue (which my mother can whip up infuriatingly in minutes). Caitlin says she's already had three donuts today, I'd be guilty of a whole lot more if I made these. I'll need to find donut pans before I do, though.


Looking for some new creative toppings for your homemade pizzas? How about kale or butternut squash? I know at least one gardening coworker who'd love that idea. Check out Spoon Fork Bacon for a prosciutto, kale, and butternut squash pizza - includes recipe for the crust.


Interior design:


Beautiful coverage by James over at The New Victorian Ruralist today on an incredible hotel in the Austrian alps. I think I could really relax there.


Fashion/Style:

Giveaway on Sweet Paul for the totally cool and cute Cuppow which is a plastic top you attach to a jar that turns it into a travel mug. You have until Friday to enter. 


And if you're in the market for some sunglasses to start your summer off on the right foot, then check out this gorgeous collection gathered for you by Mrs Lilien. I know quite a few people who'd go crazy for these sunglasses.


Pretty necklace giveaway on The Daybook from Le Mode.




I'm tempted to leave work a few minutes early today just to get to the train faster so I can read Fifty Shades of Grey - how sad is that? It's not actually that well written, but there is something about the characters that is pulling me in, kind of the same way the romance did in Twilight.


1 comments:

Thank you for commenting, I love your feedback!

 

the curator © All rights reserved · Theme by Blog Milk · Blogger