Curator Picks - 4/9

Monday, April 9, 2012

I hope everyone had a lovely weekend, I spent it with my family and enjoyed that lemon clouds cheesecake I mentioned on Friday. I made the base out of chocolate digestive biscuits rather than graham crackers and definitely preferred the chocolate version. Monday came entirely too quickly and the work portion of it is almost over it seems. The same sentiment seems to be floating out there in blog world because there weren't too many substantive posts that I thought you should be reading. But here are a few that stuck out to me.

I'm not sure if they were stuck for topics to write on that day or what, but Apartment Therapy has a post today by Maxwell on the origin of their cute squiggle logo. It turned out to be quite an interesting article and makes me want to try my hand at meditation drawing.

I love the interior design blog SF Girl by Bay's use of colors. Her beautifully set table in today's post teaches you how to mix and match so that your table isn't boring. She uses the West Elm modernist bowls to create pops of color on the table. I also have a set of these and use them for everything from soup and chili to ice cream and cereal.

Popcorn! And pink popcorn to boot. Check out the gorgeous bubblegum pink candy corn on Oh Joy! today. It's made with sakura which is cherry blossom extract. I think I would look great eating a bowl of this underneath all of the gloriously flowering trees on every block in the city.

Have you seen the One Day on Earth videos yet? Hundreds of people took footage of life all over the world on the exact same day (10/10/10). It was all put together into a movie that will come out on Earth Day 4/22. It features snippets of life and death in hundreds of different countries. It makes me feel incredibly small and incredibly connected to everything all at the same time. See the trailer here and the music video version here.


4 comments:

  1. Hi curator - could you repost the link to the gluten-free lemon cheesecake you mentioned? I can't find it on the site and would like to try something gluten-free too..see what all the fuss is about! thanks :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmmm @buddlemug, I didn't post a recipe to a gluten-free cheesecake, but I did post to a recipe for gluten-free crepes.

    See link here: http://www.creaturecomfortsblog.com/home/2012/4/6/making-gluten-free-crepes-with-strawberries.html

    I'll try and post more gluten-free stuff. Seems like everyone is interested in that nowadays. thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ah thanks! must also get that Georgia Pellegrini's book if there are such things as that delicious sounding cheesecake...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can't go wrong with West Elm!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting, I love your feedback!

 

the curator © All rights reserved · Theme by Blog Milk · Blogger