I missed you, oven

Thursday, October 18, 2012

As the weather gets cooler, I am able to turn on the oven again. Oh, how I missed it. I find comfort in dicing and roasting vegetables, sweet potato, carrots, and onions, piling them in neat piles and tossing them in olive oil and salt and roasting until they are bursting with sweetness. This is my go-to way to serve vegetables and often the way I use up supplies that are wilting fast.


Food:

Speaking of turning on the oven, check out this baked butternut squash with parmesan and sage from Gourmande in the Kitchen. I bet your kitchen would be filled with the most intoxicating aroma while this was baking.

Go and make these super cute mini chocolate raspberry cheesecakes from Claire at The Things We Make, right now. Like, right now. That's all I really have to say about that.

Win some Le Creuset bakeware from The Pioneer Woman today. She's giving away three beautiful braisers in your choice of flame orange, caribbean blue, or dijon yellow. 


Fashion/style:

Download this super cute Halloween-themed wrapping paper from Bloesem. Use for October birthday presents, or for party favors for your Halloween parties.

I love the girly lifestyle site, Hello Giggles and the team behind it (which includes Zooey Deschanel). The Coveteur features the home of another one of the founders, Sophia Rossi. After seeing the images of her beautiful home it's clear that the cute, vintage style of Hello Giggles owes its inspiration in part to Sophia.

Interior design:

Despite the fact that we just bought an oriental carpet for under our dining table, I'm still always on the lookout for other rugs. So I appreciated this pretty and affordable rug round up by a new blog find of mine, Design Darling. I'm thinking of a pretty chevron number for the bedroom.

Gahhh, drooling over these images of a Scandinavian apartment on Emmas Designblogg today. Instead of the usual graphic black and white you so often see, this is a refreshing change with warm brown tones and pops of white.

I was super excited to see that Lonny has launched an iPad app. You can see past issues and even directly link to websites to purchase the items you see in the magazine pages. Awesome!

Check out these inspiring images of kitchens on My Notting Hill today. Get this, they have libraries in them!  That's pretty much my idea of heaven--I'd probably never leave the room!

I'm adding billie magazine to my list of online magazines to read. The new shelter and fashion mag is coming out in November and is run by former Domino editor, Lili Diallo. Read more about it on The Editor at Large.


1 comments:

  1. mmm roasted root vegetables. there is nothing like it!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting, I love your feedback!

 

the curator © All rights reserved · Theme by Blog Milk · Blogger