Wishes come true

Thursday, February 7, 2013


So, apparently we're bracing here for a big snowstorm, of EPIC proportions. I'm trying to resist the urge to stock up on milk and eggs (cause really, I can always walk down the block for more!) and the urge to run to the kitchen and bake like the apocalypse is upon us. I'm planning on walking up to Central Park early on Saturday morning to revel in the silence that descends upon the city during a snowstorm.

Didn't I just wish to be snowed in last week?

Yep, I did.

Just in case you're snowed in with me, I've prepared a bumper crop of links for you to peruse.

Interior design

I'm dying over art curator and LA in Bloom blogger Heather Taylor's gorgeous home. It was featured on The Glitter Guide today.

And then travel over to Paris to check out Lee Radziwill's apartment on This is Glamorous (and glamorous it certainly is).

Joy shares the important things to spurge on for your home when you're in your 30s.

I want to make this terrarium posted on Designing Around.

Just in case you're not a snow fan, check out this gorgeous post on Sri Lanka by Slim Paley.

Australian interiors magazine Adore is one of the best out there (they're even trying to raise money to put together a home book!). It's full of bold, bright, and fresh design, and is never afraid to push the envelope. Desire to Inspire posted some of the amazing shots from their latest issue - which is all about color. It couldn't come at a better time for my winter inspiration needs.

Food

Have you got some Meyer lemons at home? (I've got 3 on my kitchen counter.) Marisa at Food in Jars gives you eight ways to preserve them. I've got my eye on the Meyer lemon caramel!

Perhaps on saturday morning I'll replace my usual pancakes with these seeded popovers from Heidi at 101 Cookbooks.

The always lovely Caitlin at Roost writes that these toasted fennel and orange mini cakes are perfect for breakfast, but I'd eat them any time of the day.

Lunch could be this delicious looking egg salad with sun dried tomatoes from Adrienne at A Cozy Kitchen.

I don't know why I'm obsessed with rose scent and taste, I love it as a body oil or dropped into a bath. Next frontier is putting rose in my food. This recipe for rose granola from Luxirare looks amazing.

For those health-conscious readers, Sarah at A House in the Hills shares a recipe for a vegan and gluten-free apple tart with sliced almonds.

Fashion/style

I want these plaid pillows that Alli at Hooray made but if I actually have to stitch them myself then it's probably going to take a bit.

Alex and Taru are sailing around the world and documenting it through gorgeous photographs. They have just landed in South America and I love following their journey.



6 comments:

  1. So many great posts to see today. Definitely going to try that vegan and gluten-free apple pie although I'll have to buy a lot of new ingredients for it! (All the different flours and syrups/oils)
    Am very jealous of Alex and Taru's life - ridiculous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay, try that pie and let me know how it tastes. Also i want to sail around the world too!

      Delete
  2. I wished for a snowstorm too - for after Goddard...and I was on the last plane out of JFK.
    Barbados.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Goodness, thanks so much for featuring my terrarium. Love these round ups. I have some clicking to do.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Kathryn!! Your terrarium was so pretty!

      Delete

Thank you for commenting, I love your feedback!

 

the curator © All rights reserved · Theme by Blog Milk · Blogger