Dark Chocolate Salted Espresso Cookies

Thursday, March 28, 2013

Hey, Universe? I'm so ready for spring. Can we make this happen, please? It's coming in slow drips and drabs, at a snail's pace, really. So I got bored of waiting, and made some cookies instead. Because one should always have cookies when waiting for a new season to finally arrive.

These is my perfect chocolate cookie, the hard looking exterior hides a velvety soft interior, bursting (oozing, if you eat straight from the oven, as I naturally do) with deep, dark chocolate and espresso flavor. You really can't eat more than 2 of these at one sitting - not without going into sugar shock. Which of course, I again naturally do.

There are many versions of this recipe floating around the internet. I used the recipe from Alice Medrich's bookbut with coconut oil instead of butter, suggested by the lovely Stephanie at Desserts for Breakfast. The coconut oil gives the cookies a lovely, subtle tropical sweetness. Alice also uses nuts, which I didn't.

You really don't need any other chocolate cookie recipe once you've tasted these. And maybe, just maybe, it will urge spring to arrive a little faster.





Major, right? (I'm watching a bit too much Rachel Zoe.)

Here's the recipe.

7 comments:

  1. These cookies look amazing! I think I remember seeing them on Desserts for Breakfast and oohing and aahing over them then, too. Still haven't made them, though!

    What is it about Rachel Zoe? I randomly started watching her show during S1 and was so surprised/embarrassed by how I just kept watching. I don't want to like her. I'm not even sure I do. But I just couldn't stop. I haven't watched in a couple seasons, though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks, Claire! I made them last night, and I'm not even ashamed to say they're mostly gone. You should make them, very very easy.

      Also, watch Rachel Zoe this season, she makes me laugh with her one sentence speeches.

      Delete
    2. Have you seen the various spoof videos on YouTube? I remember seeing two in particular that almost made me tear up laughing. They were so on point! I think this was one of them: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sIL2ZwCOxOs

      I will have to make those cookies, soon. I was just talking last night about how little baking I've been doing lately. Glad to know how easy they are!

      Delete
  2. Oh my, these look absolutely scrumptious! And there can never be enough Rachel Zoe. Watching re-runs as we speak ;)
    xo TJ

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting, I love your feedback!

 

the curator © All rights reserved · Theme by Blog Milk · Blogger