Start the week off right

Monday, March 25, 2013



























My weekend was quiet, I hope yours was too. Or at least I hope yours was the speed that you wanted it to be. On Friday, I paid a visit to the West Village for lunch and was reminded, as I always am, of how different each neighborhood is in this city. I love that you can walk a few blocks in one direction and find a new world. For the rest of the weekend I didn't leave my own neighborhood, and there's a beauty in that, too.

Leading you into the week with some lovely posts.

Food

For the most part, I bake Jim Lahey's no-knead bread for my family, but if I were to branch out, I'd be making this black pepper fennel seed rye bread from The Little Loaf

I'm curious to try out Jessica Alba's new book, The Honest Life, where she espouses on everything in her natural and organic life. I liked this this interview with Alba on The New Potato, plus there's a recipe for her ice pops.

I love everything about mulligatawny soup, I love the curry flavor and the texture and I love the way the name runs off my tongue. I haven't duplicated my local cafe's version at home, probably because mulligatawny requires a long list of ingredients, but this Spoon Fork Bacon version looks simple enough to try.

Lemons and Anchovies posted this lovely breakfast recipe for a fried egg tartine with pesto mayonnaise but I'm thinking of doing it for dinner some night this week. I'll probably double the recipe.

Interior design

Kelly of Design Crush is hosting an "urban decor" themed curated sale at Joss & Main on March 28th, make sure you check it out.

Here's a lovely interview with one of my favorite bloggers of all time, Victoria of SF Girl by Bay, on The Everygirl. It's so interesting to read how she got started and how deeply linked the success of Pinterest is with her.

Fashion/style

Erin Gates put together a list of spring wants and I'm loving the "bonjour" sweater she picked out.

Iceland. I have to make it there. This is Glamorous is making me want to go NOW.

Eeek! How does Oh Joy! always manage to put together the cutest roundups for children? 


Here's to starting the week off right. With a flower shaped like Marge Simpson, of course.


5 comments:

  1. Ooooh, Buvette. Major crush.
    Someone at work is going to Iceland...but who?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you had a good weekend :-). Quiet is always good - helps us recharge our batteries :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. No! Not me.
    But WHO?
    Veronica, maybe!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting, I love your feedback!

 

the curator © All rights reserved · Theme by Blog Milk · Blogger