Spontaneous

Wednesday, May 8, 2013


Last Saturday we took a spontaneous trip up to Storm King Art Center, it's an incredible 500-acre park filled with huge sculptures that has been around since the 1960s. It was a glorious day to walk around and admire the way the sculptures interact with the environment around them. As it's only an hour's drive out of the city, I think we'll be making more trips before the weather gets too hot.

A little spontaneity can never go wrong. Have you done anything like that lately?

Food

Sarah at A House in the Hills is on a 3 week Ayurvedic cleanse (between the Whole 30 diet and this, I'm seeing diets and cleanses everywhere this season!). She has put together a watercress, jicama, and tangelo salad that's making me consider going on this cleanse myself!

Do you have rhubarb in your part of the world? I haven't made anything with it yet and I'm worried that I've missed the season. Take Ashley's advice and try out these rhubarb floats on Not Without Salt.

Laura at The First Mess (one of the most beautiful sites out there), has a stunning post on simple asparagus ramp soup that has me sitting on the edge of my seat. Wipe your bowl clean with rustic spelt bread. There's also some interesting information on the over-foraging of ramps! Too many people foraging? I wouldn't have thought that was happening yet.

Fashion/style

Do you have a teacher to thank for all their hard work with your kids? Check out this beautiful list of 10 ways to celebrate a teacher by Victoria at A Subtle Revelry.

If you're on the lookout for summer flats (let's face it, I'm on the lookout year round) then take a look at Paolma's roundup of the top 10 flat summer sandals on La Dolce Vita.

Interior design

I have a thing for yellow in decor. Thankfully so does Amy Azzarito, and she put together a collection of her favorite rooms for Design Sponge.

Have you seen mega site Domaine Home yet? Born of the Who What Wear empire and run by the talented Mat Sanders (of Domino and Apartment Therapy), this one is already a new favorite. It's billed as an online shopping magazine and they've kicked off with a look at beautiful homes in New Orleans, Pasadena, and Los Angeles.

Just like Holly Becker at Decor 8 I fell in love when I saw this Victorian Melbourne home. The bold graphic carpet just pops against the white furniture.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting, I love your feedback!

 

the curator © All rights reserved · Theme by Blog Milk · Blogger