Asleep

Saturday, June 15, 2013

I seem to be falling asleep at inopportune times lately. Like, I fell asleep on my yoga mat on Wednesday night and woke up an hour later and it was after midnight. And then I had to stumble around, bleary eyed and foggy just so I could brush my teeth quickly and fall into my bed. Although, as a coworker pointed out to me the next day, it was probably a good sign that my body was relaxed after yoga, I'm still feeling like my body just wants to sleep all the time. Meanwhile my brave husband is training for the NYC marathon this November, and is raising money for the Children's Tumor Foundation, so he's working out like a fiend at all hours, and I can barely keep my eyes open for a 1 hour yoga mat session!

As Shiva Rea says, "in time we open, on all levels".

I'll just keep that in mind, if I can stay awake long enough.

interior design

Jenny Komenda and her family are moving out of New York City! To Arizona! Sorry for all the exclamation points. I'm happy for her family and excited to see her renovate a huge home this time. But, I'm also a little sad. I love her style and loved that she blogged from NYC and I'll miss seeing her share what she loves about the city. She has shared photos of her new house here.

Back to NYC bloggers: Daniel at Manhattan Nest always makes me laugh. His post on a desk/drawer redo seems like it would be pretty straightforward and possibly a bit boring, but his adventures had me chuckling out loud while I sat alone in my living room today.

Emily Henderson made the cutest video ever with her assistant Orlando on picking the right rug size for your room. If I didn't have young children, I'd go for that cream Moroccan-style rug by West Elm that she ends up with.

food

I love this new Vogue cooking series by model Elettra Wiedemann where she gets together in the kitchen with all the fun people in her life. So far, she's cooked with Grace Coddington, Seth Meyers, and Blake Lively.

Butter in coffee?? You don't do it, do you? The Kitchn asks why and offers some reasons. I'm not sure it's something I'll ever try.

Strawberries are bursting their seams at the farmer's market and I'm bursting to put them in mascarpone cheesecake tart with rosemary kissed strawberries from Butter Me Up Brooklyn.


I hope you all have a beautiful weekend.

some scenes from last weekend in Pennsylvania. How come cats look like they know everything?



4 comments:

  1. Cutest little pics ever! I wish I had pants that cute, too :)

    And falling asleep whenever - oh trust me, I could fall asleep MIDWAY thru editing one photo. That's how tired I am. Hope you get some sleep!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks Averie! I caught up on some needed sleep this weekend. I bet you could find pants like that :) They are DVF for GAP, maybe she makes an adult version?

      Delete
  2. Go Tedford go!! Love Noah's pose. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting, I love your feedback!

 

the curator © All rights reserved · Theme by Blog Milk · Blogger